EU citizens family members, irrespective of their nationality, have the right to accompany or join EU citizens in a Member State other than that of EU citizens nationality.
Important is that they should arrive in Estonia either accompanying the said person or to the said person.
The following persons are EU citizens family members, as defined by the Directive:
- the spouse;
- the partner with whom the Union citizen has contracted a registered partnership, on the basis of the legislation of a Member State, if the legislation of the host Member State treats registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage and in accordance with the conditions laid down in the relevant legislation of the host Member State;
- the direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependants and those of the spouse or partner as defined in point (b);
- the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse or partner as defined in point (b)
The above family members enjoy the rights granted by the Directive when they join or accompany an EU citizen. EU citizens family member apply for entry visa to Schengen under simplified conditions and they do not have to pay any charge for a visa application.
- passport or other travel document, including copy, valid for at least three months after departing from the Schengen-area;
- A completed application form;
- One photograph of passport style and size [35 x 45 mm] for all applicants, including minors;
- Documentation proving that you belong to one of the categories mentioned;
above (marriage certificate, certificate of registration of partnership, birth certificate or other official documentation). The document needs to be legalized or certified with an apostille certificate, if an international agreement does not foresee otherwise;
- If necessary, consul is enabled to ask a copy of passport of the relative who is EU citizen.